Software Services and Custom Solutions
Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway
The Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway enables utilities to benefit from distribution automation and Street Light Controller capabilities of Landis+Gyr’s multipurpose communications network while maintaining current SCADA architecture. Read more
The IoT Gateway establishes a common interface between utility applications and Command Center using the Landis+Gyr Integration Suite. This creates a secure and integrated environment for managing message traffic. The IoT Gateway enables the flow of messages (both solicited and unsolicited) between RTUs/IEDs and their SCADA master stations using DNP3 over TCP/IP. The IoT Gateway also enables the flow of messages between Street Light Controllers and the Smart Community Center head-end system using LumenIQ over TCP/IP.
The IoT Gateway contains a mapping of DNP3 and LumenIQ station addresses to radio addresses in the communications network. This allows packets from the master stations to be routed to the correct devices and vice-versa. The Landis+Gyr network platform provides network-layer security and acts as a link-layer packet router for DNP3 and LumenIQ packets. This mapping capability can be applied to other protocols, as well.
Why Landis+Gyr makes a difference.
- Provides a seamless interface to Command Center without custom integration
- Eliminates the need for API integration between IED and SCADA
- Interfaces with utility operating systems to increase interoperability
- Allows the use of advanced encryption throughout the network
- Provides diagnostics and configuration tool
- Allows for the seamless integration of the Street Light Controller platform