The E460 smart prepayment meter solution is designed for open standard prepayment and smart metering communication needs. The portfolio includes advanced, single phase (DIN Rail and BS) and three phase, multi-function, STS keypad based, G3 PLC smart prepayment meter solutions. Read more
The E460 smart prepayment meter solution is designed for open standard prepayment and smart metering communication needs. The portfolio includes advanced, single phase (DIN Rail and BS) and three phase, multi-function, STS keypad based, G3 PLC smart prepayment meter solutions.
The metering solution consists of the E460 smart prepayment meter and the P160 Customer Interface Unit.
The E460 meter’s account can be configured as prepayment or post-payment and the meters can be configured to operate as a stand-alone split prepayment meter solution, or as part of an end-to-end smart prepayment AMI solution, comprising of meters, data concentrators, remote data acquisition and data evaluation systems at a central station; all based on field-proven Landis+Gyr technology.
In addition to G3-PLC communication between the meters and the DC450 Data Concentrator and Head end System, the E460 1ph BS and E460 3ph S2 meter also support an RS485 port and under cover modems for point-to-point communications. This extends the use of the E460 meters in high density urban installations where the Data Concentrator is typically employed, as well as low density urban or rural installations where the under-cover modem is used if the number of meters on the transformer does not yet justify the use of a Data Concentrator.
P160 Customer Interface Unit (CIU)
The split metering solution consists of two parts, the E460 meter and the P160 customer interface unit. Communication between the meter and the customer interface unit is by means of G3-PLC Power Line Carrier, using existing household wiring; no additional communication wires are required.
The P160 Customer Interface Unit is compact with a user-friendly keypad and display. It may be installed in any convenient location in the consumer’s home where there is an electrical socket outlet. An easily replaceable battery is provided for communicating in the absence of AC mains power e.g., when the meter is out of credit.
- The E460 portfolio consists of single-phase, DIN-Rail smart, single phase British Standard (BS), three-phase STS prepayment meters which works with a P160 PLC Customer Interface Unit
- Integrated OFDM G3-PLC for two-way communications between the E460 meter, the P160 Customer Interface Unit and the DC450
- Data Concentrator communications via WAN to the Head-end System (HES)
- The single-phase BS and three-phase meters offer optional point-to-point communications via their under-cover modems which support LTE/NBIoT with 2G fallback – this is especially valuable to low density installations such as farms and small holdings. The meters have integrated G3-PLC communications so that they may also be used with the G3-PLC Data Concentrator where the density of meter installations justifies installation of the Data Concentrator.
- Open STS prepayment (IEC62055-41/51) dlms/COSEM
- Changeable meter account modes such as post-payment (credit) or prepayment with either STS consumption (kWh) or STS monetary currency unit options
- Zero power tamper sensing when meter is not powered
- A wide range of events with date and time stamps in the on-line mode
- Power quality profiles instantaneous values of voltage, current, power and much more
- Voltage supervision with events logged when thresholds are exceeded
- Remote disconnect and reconnect in the on-line mode
- Load limiting control functions including demand and power-limiting
- Four quadrant measurements with separate import and export registers
- Configurable charge register capability, enabling flexible management of the meter’s prepayment account for both import and export energy
- Real Time Clock – synchronized by the Data Concentrator in the on-line configuration mode
- Time of Use, with STS currency token transfer option in the prepayment mode
- Europe, the Middle East and Africa