Media: Natural gas, town gas, inert gases
Industries: Gas industry, furnace construction, chemicals industry
Tasks: Measurement, control, regulation
Elster-Instromet IRM-3 and IRM-3 DUO rotary gas meters are volumetric measuring devices for gaseous media which operate according to the positive displacement principle. They record the operating volume. Electronic volume correctors can be used in order to correct the volume to the standard volume. IRM-3 DUO meters operate with two phase-shifted pairs of impellers which create two separate units of measurement. Pulsations are thereby eliminated, which are generated by conventional rotary gas meters. This leads to an extremely quiet, resonance free and almost silent operation of these meters.
The number of revolutions is proportional to the measured volume. The rotation is transferred to a mechanical index via a gear assembly and the volume is then recorded.
IRM-3 DUO meters are designed, produced and tested in accordance with the following directives:
- EC Directive 2004/22/EC (MID)
- EC Directive 97/23/EC concerning pressure equipment (PED)
- EC Directive 94/9/EC concerning explosion protection (ATEX)
Rotary gas meters are characterised by a high measuring range and a compact design. Due to their measuring principle, they do not require a straight inlet or outlet pipe section. In order to guarantee long service life, the rotary gas meters are lubricated with oil. The standard double index allows the meter to be adapted to any flow direction.
- Meter sizes: G 400 – G 1000
- Flow rates from 6 to 1600 m3/h
- Nominal sizes DN 100 – DN 200
- Pressure ratings PN 10/16 and ANSI 150
- Temperature ranges:
MID: -25 °C to +55 °C
PED: -25 °C to +55 °C
ATEX: -20 °C to +55 °C
- Aluminium housing
- DUO principle for pulsation-free, resonance-free and low-noise operation
- Double index for universal installation and fl ow direction
- Optional: Absolute-ENCODER S1D
- Optional: Mechanical index drive