Gridstream PLX Advanced Metering Solution
Landis+Gyr is a pioneer in developing power line carrier (PLC) technologies designed specifically for advanced metering. The most recent advancement, Gridstream PLX, is the next generation of PLC networks for smart grid communications.
Just like Landis+Gyr’s legacy PLC technology, PLX maintains continuous, unsolicited communication with each device on the network. But PLX goes a step further by expanding communication channels to allow delivery of 15 minute interval data in a continuous stream from every endpoint. The expanded network capacity allows faster outage and restoration notifications as well as remote firmware upgrades and improved security options.
Gridstream PLX is a groundbreaking PLC network that delivers:
- 15 minute intervals of kWh or voltage continuously from every endpoint
- Unsolicited outage notification
- Up to 45 days of interval data storage at the endpoint
- Voltage reads from time of occurrence by phase
- Remote control of four time-of-use rates within multiple schedules and holiday rates
- Automatic and immediate notification of meter tampering
- Remote reflashing capability to avoid obsolescence of module firmware
- Remote disconnect/connect