Gridstream Meter Data Management System
Getting maximum value from the smart metering data requires a next generation meter data management system. One that efficiently integrates a wide array of data sources. One that consumes and normalizes terabytes of data into formats usable across the utility business. And one that analyzes and infers realities in the field and translates them into meaningful, automated actions. Gridstream MDMS is a standards-based system designed to rigorously process and prepare data for a variety of utility programs and operations.
This single, unified system consolidates metering, consumption and related data from all read sources in a centralized system of record repository. It standardizes data for use according to customer specified rules. Using international and industry standards, it interconnects smart metering infrastructure and Head End Systems with a broad range of enterprise applications. Its analytic processes prepare data for a wide range of utility operations.
- Data Collection & Synchronization – Standards-based interfaces enable data to be consumed by the Gridstream MDMS from smart meter systems or smart grid devices. The MDMS then processes, formats and places the data in the proper context for utility back office systems.
- Distribution Network & Power Quality – The Gridstream MDMS maintains the network connectivity model; it enables load mapping and stores non-billing data such as voltage provide granular visibility into the smart grid infrastructure.
- Validation, Estimation, Editing (VEE) – Powerful analytic engines are capable of processing hundreds of millions of register and interval reads to bill quality.
- Exception Management – The workflows within the Gridstream MDMS focus on efficient exception management and the remediation of events related to the VEE process.
- Billing Extracts – The Gridstream MDMS provides cleansed, framed billing determinants for each rate structure to the utility CIS and/or Billing applications on the billing cycle days.
- Analytics & Reports – The analytics and reports within the Gridstream MDMS ensure current and valid, data is correlated using embedded business logic to turn data into knowledge.
- Virtual & Net Metering – The virtual and net metering capability within the Gridstream MDMS provides the flexibility to create both virtual meters and virtual channels to support accurate billing for complex metering situations.
Gridstream MDM Solution Components
- SmartData Repository – The central repository for all consumed smart meter and smart grid data
- Core MDM Application – The analytic and operational processes that prepare usage data for billing and settlement, brokers alerts and enables remote operations
- SmartData Exchange – The library of interface protocols for the total solution
- SmartData Application Extensions – Software options that are designed to leverage the core MDMS application to provide additional correlations critical for utility programs