Research & Development
Mechanical Design Engineer (United Kindom)
We are actively recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the already successful R&D team at our world class production facility near Market Deeping, Peterborough. The overall objectives of the role are to develop cost effective designs for use in the company’s products.
Core actions for Mechanical Design Engineer’s include:
- Communicating and cooperating with the Mechanical Design team, within R&D and with other local and EMEA-wide departments
- Producing mechanical designs for products and bespoke manufacturing equipment that meets Company, National, International standards, Regulatory, Statutory and Customer Requirements, Safety, Environmental and Cost Requirements.
- Producing mechanical designs from product specifications or written instructions within a project team environment
- Selecting materials and components for a design
- Participating in design reviews to ensure best possible success of hardware solutions
- Strong cooperation with Project Management.
- Support with NPI team to deliver new product information as early as possible to aid communication with chosen CEM
- Constructing and testing prototype designs
- Creating complex parts and assemblies with the company 3D CAD tools and producing high quality drawings
Our ideal candidate has strong problem solving and decision making experience, knowledge of the metering industry and brings with them:
- An HND or equivalent (preferred 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering)
- Previous experience with in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent CAD skills, preferably Pro Engineer
- Experience of designing jigs, fixtures and bespoke manufacturing equipment and will be familiar with the principles of jig and fixture design
- An understanding of material characteristics and selection
- The ability to design with engineering thermoplastics and metals
- Previous product design experience
- Knowledge of electricity metering products and similar devices
- Experience in Design for Manufacture, Design for Assembly, designing enclosures for electronic products
Location: Northfields, UK.
For further details please contact
- Kelly Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 1778 349720
Please send your free form application and CV to email@example.com latest on Thursday June 31, 2014.