Reliable, multi-function RF mesh network
When you consider the business case for deploying a large scale smart grid network, the capabilities of a technology are only half the story. The value comes from proven applications that reduce utility costs and enhance customer service.
The Gridstream RF mesh network powers the applications necessary to realize true smart grid benefits and a rapid return on investment. Not only is Gridstream a robust and cost effective communications solution for connecting advanced meters, it also provides a platform for grid automation and consumer engagement.
The Gridstream RF Advantage
• Three networks in one – Utilities gain the ability to operate advanced metering, grid automation and home area network devices from a single network.
• Upgradeable – Gridstream is a future-ready platform that is built to offer additional storage capacity and bandwidth for future needs, while offering a migration path to add capabilities without stranding earlier investments.
• Self-healing — Powerful mesh technology intelligently manages its own communication path to automatically restore communication following outages or network events and ensure outstanding success rates for message deliver.
• Standards based – Interoperability with third-party applications is assured with a standards-based architecture that is tested to be out-of-the-box compatible with a wide variety of hardware and software solutions.
• Secure – Landis+Gyr offers industry-leading encryption, penetration testing and head-end security measures that easily integrate with a utility’s existing IT security environment.
• Multi-utility functionality – Gridstream supports advanced metering for electric, gas and water endpoints, making it cost effective alternative to managing multiple networks.
The end result is a system that provides robust communications with each meter, is efficient to deploy and offers the cross-functional networking capabilities necessary to meet the most demanding business case.
Gridstream RF connects meters and distribution devices with one reliable mesh network
Meters and other devices in the Gridstream RF network deliver true two-way communication, while extending range by also serving as routers for other endpoints and devices on the network. This makes the RF mesh both cost effective to deploy, and more robust and reliable when compared to other networks.
From the metering endpoint to the data collector, Gridstream provides high bandwidth, low latency communications that enable transmission of up to 5 minute interval data, along with outage alerts and other operational data. Utilities can use a variety of private or public network options for wide area network (WAN) connection between the collector and the head-end server.