Landis+Gyr can expand network coverage for unique metering applications with a cellular communications solutions for electric meters. Cellular communications can be utilized for unique applications when alternatives are required for commercial metering. Combining Gridstream RF or PLX and cellular technology maximizes flexibility for alternate deployment strategies.
Gridstream Cellular supports inbound and outbound TCP/IP and UDP communications, near real-time communications, remote mode configuration, firmware upgrades, quality monitoring, remote diagnostics, self-registration and pass-through communications (e.g., energy consumption statistics, events and alarms). The cellular solution provides:
• 15 minute or shorter interval data length that each meter supports consistent with the data availability market requirements and the latest security standards
• On board meter storage of meter data that complies with nationally recognized non proprietary standards such as ANSI C12.19
• Voltage monitoring, net metering, time of use and real time pricing programs
• Remote service switch connection and disconnection operation
• Remote programming capability
• Power outage and restorations reporting
• Auto registration – once the cellular license is activated, Command Center will allow the meter to auto-register.
• Home Area Networking – Built in ZigBee with Smart Energy Profile support